Frequently Asked Questions
What is Pearl?
Pearl is a historical district and culture hub in the center of San Antonio. People live, work, and gather here. The property was a
brewery from the early 1880s until 1999, when Pearl beer moved its operations elsewhere. Pearl is home to many spirited visionaries who each paint a unique portrait of our past, present, and future. From culture to cuisine, we hope you explore to your heart’s content.
Where should I start my adventure?
Many people come to Pearl for something specific—their morning coffee, a show at Jazz, TX, or to pick up local produce at our Saturday Farmers Market. The property is large (22+ acres) and is home to shops, restaurants, businesses, and the third campus of the Culinary Institute of America. If you’re coming to simply “check us out,” we recommend an open mind and a willingness to try something new.
Is there a particular time of year that is best to visit?
Pearl is a year-round destination. Springtime in San Antonio—before the grip of summer sets in—is magical. And the holiday season is especially magical with our 30-foot tree in Pearl Park and lights throughout property. But anytime is a good time to visit.
Where is the old historical brewery?
The old Pearl brewhouse is the current home of Hotel Emma. It’s the tallest building on the site and its distinct roofline is visible from the highway. Hotel Emma is open to the public. Go have a look, you’ll be glad you did.
Where is the River Walk?
The River Walk spans a 30 mile loop via walkways that go through downtown, south through the missions, and north through the museum
reach and up to Pearl. From Pearl, the River is due west and adjacent to our amphitheater and La Gloria. If you go due south you will head towards the central River Walk area towards downtown. Combined, these areas form the longest urban linear park in the United States.
Where should I park?
The spots that fill up first are the ones under 281, so if you visit us during peak times—weekends, lunch hour—we recommend you try some of these options:
Koehler Garage. The multilevel parking garage at Isleta and Emma Koehler usually has space and is conveniently located at the heart of Pearl.
River West Parking Lot. Located on E. Elmira between E. Myrtle and Shiller. Look for the Pearl lollipop signs. It’s a great place to park and a short distance from the heart of the property. Bonus: you can cross over the San Antonio River on our covered bridge.
Valet parking is also available at Hotel Emma.
- Firearms, knives, and other weapons are prohibited at Pearl.
- Pearl is a scooter free.
Lost & Found
I lost something at Pearl. What do I do?
Please call Security at 210.889.5287. Our Security personnel will walk you through the process for claiming a lost item. If no one has turned in your lost item, you can leave a description and contact information with Security so we can reunite you with your item should someone turn it in. Pearl or its employees or contractors are not responsible for any lost, stolen or broken items.
I found something that someone seems to have lost. What do I do?
If you found something that appears to be something someone lost or left behind, please call 210.889.5287. Pearl Security will keep items in a secured container for up to 30 days.
Dogs at Pearl
I would like to bring my dog to Pearl. Is that allowed?
Yes! We welcome furry friends.
To preserve the safety and comfort of our guests and their pet(s), Pearl
requests the following:
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for the actions and behavior of their
- Dogs must be leashed and owners/handlers must be in possession of the
- Dogs must have current rabies and all other vaccinations required by the
San Antonio Metropolitan Health District and should be healthy and free of
- Dogs must wear collars and current license tags.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for picking up and disposing of all
their dogs’ waste in waste containers or the dog park facility at Avenue A
and Pearl Parkway; whenever possible respect high traffic areas and
- Dog owners/handlers must never leave dogs unattended.
- Dogs are not permitted in Gustav’s Geysers (Pearl’s water feature located
by the Park).
- Dogs showing any signs of aggression must be immediately removed from the
Pearl reserves the right to ask guests and their pet(s) to leave if they are not in compliance with the above guidelines or are impeding the comfort of other guests.
Photography & Videography at Pearl
Are there regulations specific to taking photographs or video at Pearl?
Those taking pictures and filming must respect Pearl visitors, tenants, structures, and landscaping. Pearl reserves the right to ask any photographer/videographer to cease documentation at any time, should his/her work compromise the enjoyment and experience of the Pearl community. For personal use, the following is prohibited:
- Photography/filming of children under the age of 14 without
- Photography/filming of Pearl patrons without their consent.
- Blocking and/or obstructing doorways and pathways that prevent the flow
of traffic for tenants and visitors.
- Climbing on architecture.
- Pop up dressing tents.
- Provocative and/or risqué shoots.
- The use of glitter, confetti, cascarones, rice, and any other small
particles that litter the premises.
For permission to shoot commercial photography and videography on property, please contact Property Management.
Solicitation at Pearl
Can I promote my business/cause at Pearl?
To avoid disruption of business operations and to preserve the safety, enjoyment, and comfort of our guests, the following are not permitted on property:
- Seeking to obtain membership in or support for any organization
- Requesting contributions
- Posting or distributing handbills, pamphlets, petitions, or any similar
- Giving away items/trinkets for free, food to sample, or similar
- Peddling or otherwise selling, purchasing or offering goods or services
for sale or purchase
- Any other conduct relating to any outside business interests either
for-profit or deriving personal economic benefit
- Soliciting support for or promoting the cause of any person, viewpoint or
organization. Selling or giving away any type of animal without advance written
Pearl reserves the right to ask individuals to leave the property if they are found to be soliciting and to take further action if deemed necessary.