- 2 filet mignon fliets
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic
- (to taste) salt and pepper
Enjoy this tender, beefy filet, pan-seared to form a perfect crust and oven-finished. It's a simple and delicious preparation featuring beef from Pearl Farmers Market.
Remove filets from packaging. Pat dry. Season both sliced with salt and pepper. (may be done several hours in advance). Let filets sit out at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F
- Heat a medium, oven-safe stainless steel or cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Add the oil.
- Once the oil begins to smoke, add the filets to the pan. Cook without moving for 2-3 minutes, until a crust has formed.
- Use tongs to flip the steaks over, then add the butter, rosemary, and garlic to the pan.
- Tilt the pan and spoon the butter continuously over the steak for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven for 7 minutes for a medium rare steak.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing