- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup water
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup organic white grits
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces grated Indigo Ridge cheese
Cheesy Grits are a creamy and comforting side dish — perfect for any meal. These creamy grits are elevated by Pearl Farmers Market ingredients from Mill-King Creamery, Barton Springs Mill and River Whey Creamery.
- Place the milk, water, and salt into a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once the milk mixture comes to a boil, gradually add the grits while continually whisking.
- Once the grits have been incorporated, decrease the heat to low and cover.
- Remove the lid and whisk frequently, every 3 to 4 minutes, to prevent grits from sticking or forming lumps.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the mixture is creamy.
- Remove from the heat, add the pepper and butter, and whisk to combine.
- Once the butter is melted, gradually whisk in the cheese a little at a time.
- Serve immediately.