Frequently Asked Questions
Pearl is a historical district and culture hub in the center of San
Antonio. People live, work, and gather here. The property functioned as a
brewery from the early 1880s until 1999, when Pearl beer moved its operations
elsewhere. Pearl is home to many spirited visionaries who each paint a unique
portrait of our past, present, and future. From culture to cuisine, we hope
you explore to your heart’s content.
Where should I
start my adventure?
Many people come to Pearl for something specific—their
morning coffee, a show at Jazz, TX, or to
pick up local produce at our Saturday Farmers
Market. The property is large (22+ acres) and is home to shops,
restaurants, businesses, and the third campus of the Culinary Institute of America. If you’re coming to simply “check
us out,” we recommend an open mind and a willingness to try something new.
Is there a
particular time of year that is best to visit?
Pearl is a year-round
destination. Springtime in San Antonio—before the grip of summer sets in—is
magical. And the holiday season is especially magical with our 30-foot tree in
Pearl Park and lights throughout property. But anytime is a good time to
Where is the
old historical brewery?
The old Pearl brewhouse is the current home of
Hotel Emma. It’s the tallest building on the site and its
distinct roofline is visible from the highway. Hotel Emma is open to the
public. Go have a look, you’ll be glad you did.
Where is the
The River Walk spans a 30 mile loop via walkways that go
through downtown, south through the missions, and north through the museum
reach and up to Pearl. From Pearl, the River is due west and adjacent to our
amphitheater and La Gloria. If you go due south you will head towards the
central River Walk area towards downtown. Combined, these areas form the
longest urban linear park in the United States.
Where should I
- Check the garage! The multilevel parking at Isleta
& Emma Koehler usually has space and is always free.
- Try the River West Parking Lot at Pearl located on E. Elmira
between E. Myrtle & Shiller. Look for the Pearl lollipop signs! It’s a
great place to park and a short, shaded walk across our covered pedestrian
bridge takes you to the heart of Pearl.
- Valet Parking is available at Hotel Emma.
- Firearms, knives, and other weapons are prohibited at Pearl.
- Pearl is a scooter free.
Lost & Found
something at Pearl. What do I do?
Please call Security at
210.889.5287. Our Security personnel will walk you through the process for
claiming a lost item. If no one has turned in your lost item, you can leave a
description and contact information with Security so we can reunite you with
your item should someone turn it in. Pearl or its employees or contractors are
not responsible for any lost, stolen or broken items.
something that someone seems to have lost. What do I do?
If you found
something that appears to be something someone lost or left behind, please
call 210.889.5287. Pearl Security will keep items in a secured container for
up to 30 days.
Dogs at Pearl
I would like
to bring my dog to Pearl. Is that allowed?
Yes! We welcome furry friends.
To preserve the safety and comfort of our guests and their pet(s), Pearl
requests the following:
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for the actions and behavior of their
- Dogs must be leashed and owners/handlers must be in possession of the
- Dogs must have current rabies and all other vaccinations required by the
San Antonio Metropolitan Health District and should be healthy and free of
- Dogs must wear collars and current license tags.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for picking up and disposing of all
their dogs’ waste in waste containers or the dog park facility at Avenue A
and Pearl Parkway; whenever possible respect high traffic areas and
- Dog owners/handlers must never leave dogs unattended.
- Dogs are not permitted in Gustav’s Geysers (Pearl’s water feature located
by the Park).
- Dogs showing any signs of aggression must be immediately removed from the
Pearl reserves the right to ask guests and their pet(s) to leave if they
are not in compliance with the above guidelines or are impeding the comfort of
Photography & Videography at Pearl
regulations specific to taking photographs or video at Pearl?
pictures and filming must respect Pearl visitors, tenants, structures, and
landscaping. Pearl reserves the right to ask any photographer/videographer to
cease documentation at any time, should his/her work compromise the enjoyment
and experience of the Pearl community. For personal use, the following is
- Photography/filming of children under the age of 14 without
- Photography/filming of Pearl patrons without their consent.
- Blocking and/or obstructing doorways and pathways that prevent the flow
of traffic for tenants and visitors.
- Climbing on architecture.
- Pop up dressing tents.
- Provocative and/or risqué shoots.
- The use of glitter, confetti, cascarones, rice, and any other small
particles that litter the premises.
For permission to shoot commercial photography and videography on
property, please contact Property Management.
Solicitation at Pearl
Can I promote
my business/cause at Pearl?
To avoid disruption of business operations and
to preserve the safety, enjoyment, and comfort of our guests, the following
are not permitted on property:
- Seeking to obtain membership in or support for any organization
- Requesting contributions
- Posting or distributing handbills, pamphlets, petitions, or any similar
- Giving away items/trinkets for free, food to sample, or similar
- Peddling or otherwise selling, purchasing or offering goods or services
for sale or purchase
- Any other conduct relating to any outside business interests either
for-profit or deriving personal economic benefit
- Soliciting support for or promoting the cause of any person, viewpoint or
organizationSelling or giving away any type of animal without advance written
Pearl reserves the right to ask individuals to leave the property if they
are found to be soliciting and to take further action if deemed necessary.